Trend braut für frauen frisuren 2016. Get ideas for your wedding look wedding updos, half-up and down wedding hairstyles.

Rainbow Hair Color Ideas

Moonstone

moonstone rainbow hair colormoonstone rainbow hair color

Kayla Boyer / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Kayla Boyer
Hair & Makeup Artist in Minneapolis, Minnesota

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

I would describe this look as an inspiration from a beautiful moonstone. It appears to be white, but when you move the stone in different directions, the color appears and reflects. I brought this to life on my client with a silver look that features underlights of beautiful rainbow assortments!

Which products would you recommend for this look?

The products I would recommend for this color/look would be a color protectant shampoo and conditioner that is free of sulfates and parabens. This and a heat protectant will increase the longevity of this color.

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

I’ve created this color on all skin tones. I believe if you have the confidence, you can pull off any color. Just know that it is easier for people with lighter hair naturally to get the best results.

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

Always see your stylist at least four weeks after your appointment to ensure the best care for your color. Upkeep is important for you, but most important for your stylist to give you the best looking hair color. 

Bright, Earthy Stones

short-rainbow-hair-earthyshort-rainbow-hair-earthy

Savannah Harris / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Savannah Harris
Color Master @ ROOTS Salon in Bend, OR

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

The color combo reminded me of stones. I love how it’s bright, yet earthy!

Which products would you recommend for this look?

I recommend any no lather or light lather shampoo. My favorites are DevaCurl, Framesi Color Lover No Suds, and Kenra’s new Color Charge shampoo, conditioner and spray serum. I also recommend a dry shampoo between washes. TIGI Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret is my favorite! 

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

I personally think that anyone with the confidence to rock bright colors can pull this off. It’s all about how you rock it! Don’t be afraid to try a color you fear might not go with your skin tone. Maybe just change your blush color or add a pop of eye shadow to match. Anyone can pull anything off. It’s all about what’s on the inside that counts. 

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

Use those recommended products! Wash your hair as little as possible and use cool water to keep the colors from fading and running together. Dry shampoo is your best friend! 

The Hidden Unicorn

hidden unicorn rainbow hair colorhidden unicorn rainbow hair color

Michaela Adele / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Michaela Adele
Stylist & Makeup Artist @ Lavish Salon in Providence, RI

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

I call this “Hidden Unicorn Hair” because it’s the perfect look for those who want to play with vivid color, but can’t go all out because of their job or other reasons. I constantly have clients in my chair that follow my Instagram account that will mention a vivid color I posted, wishing they could do something similar but knowing their job won’t allow it. I love that this type of color allows the client to hide their unicorn vibes when they need to, and flaunt them when they want to! 

Which products would you recommend for this look?

Unless your client is platinum blonde, you’re going to need to lighten them to achieve any vibrant colors like these. This is especially important when using blue. If the client lifts to a yellow blonde, the blue will mix and create a teal/green instead of the desired color. Any lightener will, do but I generally stick to those with a violet tone to cancel out the yellow that usually accompanies blonde tones. Because I need to lighten most of my clients so many levels, I use Olaplex. It rebuilds the bonds that are broken during the lightening process, which means healthy hair even after lightening!

Keep in mind that using Olaplex means your developer will drop, so if you’re using 40 vol. it will actually work like 30 vol. with Olaplex in the mix. As far as vivids go, I love Pravana Vivids and recently started using Pulp Riot colors. I always use foils to separate each color and rinse them individually with cool water to keep them from bleeding into each other. For this look, I used Pravana vivids in neon blue, wild orchid, neon green, and amethyst.

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

I like to choose color combinations that fit my client’s personality unless they choose the palette for me. For instance, some clients will ask for purples and blues, others will ask for fiery oranges and reds, and some will let me go crazy (which is what I did for this client). I think choosing colors that bring out the client’s eye color is ideal. Purples and red/violets make green eyes pop like crazy! 

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

I always make sure every client understands that vivids require maintenance before I even begin the color process. Washing hair in cool water helps keep the color locked in, while hot water actually opens the cuticle, allowing more color to bleed out with every wash. What you wash your hair with is also super important. No drugstore shampoos! I recommend Keratin Complex Timeless Color Fade Defy Shampoo and Conditioner.

I cannot stress enough the importance of purchasing shampoo and conditioner from the salon. Amazon, drug stores, and Ulta stores cannot guarantee your product. Using a heat protectant before blow drying or using hot tools is also key. I send all of my vivid clients home with Lanza ColorGuard Spray. This is to be sprayed in the hair while it is still dry before washing and after it is towel dried. This extends the color life significantly. I always give my clients a realistic idea of how long their color will last and make sure they know it needs to be maintained every three to four weeks versus the four to six week touch up for a regular color.   

Eye Candy Rainbow

eye candy rainbow hair coloreye candy rainbow hair color

Amy Lynn / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Amy Lynn
Stylist & Owner @ Amy Lynn Hair Design in Lodi, CA

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

My favorite thing about this look is that it is all different colors, but still flows nicely! It’s like a little treat for the eye.

Which products would you recommend for this look?

I used Pravana Vivids and Kenra Color on this client. The key is to get the hair light enough to really display the true colors! 

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

Anyone! Walk with confidence and you can pull this look off easily. The trick to fantasy colors like this is placement. Make sure the complementary tones are closest to face.

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

Listen to your stylist and the tips and tricks they give. Use a color-safe shampoo and make sure to wash with cool water. Dial down that iron, too!

Bright Color Melt

bright color melt rainbow hairbright color melt rainbow hair

Heather Wilmoth / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Heather Wilmoth
Stylist @ Hair Klaudt in Charlotte, NC

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

This is a bright color melt with my client’s favorite colors in mind. My favorite thing about it is the free feeling it gives me. My client literally sat down, told me the colors she wanted, and told me to do whatever I wanted. She has the option to wear her part wherever she wants to reveal more teal on one side or more pink on the other!

Which products would you recommend for this look?

I used Zombie Snott for my pink and Blood Orchid and Ballistic Blue (these have crazy longevity which is wonderful) for my blue. For the green I used Pravana and the teal is Kenra. These are color lines I use on a regular basis that have always worked beautifully together.

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

My client has more peachy skin, but the colors can always be warmed up or cooled off to suite any skin type. Any hair type can pull this off. You can’t tell in the photos, but this client has super curly and thick natural hair!

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

My best tip would be to just go with the flow. I never envision what my outcome will be until I’m in the hair and playing! I start with a darker base color all over that I think suits my client’s skin tone the best, then I alternate my colors melting them down. It’s very free-form hair painting, which I love.

To maintain this style I recommend only shampooing when needed (usually once or twice a week) with a professional color safe/sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner with COLD water. For her style, I blew her out with Kenra Blow Dry spray and Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Oil and then used my wand to curl her up!

Peacock Rainbow

peacock rainbow hair coloringpeacock rainbow hair coloring

Hayley Garratt / Instagram

Q&A with style creator, Hayley Garratt
Stylist in West Midlands, UK

How would you describe this look and what’s your favorite thing about it?

This is a hidden rainbow look featuring pink peacock colors with mix of heavy foils and slices through the top that is toned with a vanilla blonde.

My favorite thing about this look would be the contrast between natural and vivid colors and the ability to hide the vivids.

Which products would you recommend for this look?

I like Unique 10 Argan Oil, Color Freeze by Schwarzkopf, Blinding Shine Definer by Osmo, and Indola Shine Spray.

Which skin tones and hair types can pull off this color/style combo best?

With the hidden rainbow, most skin types would be fine as the natural tones on top suit most skin tones. Porcelain, olive, and darker tones all wear this look especially well. If your complexion is very rosy, however, you might avoid this particular combination as the pink hues may be too warm next to pink skin tones.

What is your best tip in regards to recreating/maintaining this color/style?

Test the colors first on white paper to see their true shade, then select a few that really pop next to each other. Pull the colors through in large chunks so they stand out.

Keep washing to a minimum and always use a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner when you do wash.



0 Komentar untuk "Rainbow Hair Color Ideas"

Back To Top